Conversation with Asim Haque, VP State & Member Services, PJM Interconnection | 12:00 pm ET
Harmonizing State Policy and RTO Markets | 12:15 pm ET
The FERC MOPR Order on the PJM capacity market continues to change the way state policymakers think about supporting clean energy development. Now, as state legislatures and Governors grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic and look for ways to harness the power of clean energy to create jobs and economic development, finding ways to harmonize state energy policy with changing market rules is more important than ever. Please join us for a conversation with PJM CEO Manu Asthana and Commissioners from key PJM states as we explore opportunities to harmonize market rules and state policy.
- Moderator: John Brodbeck, Senior Manager Transmission, EDP Renewables
- Asim Haque, Vice President - State and Member Services, PJM Interconnection
- Talina Mathews, OPSI President and Commissioner, Kentucky Public Service Commission
- Greg Poulos, Executive Director, Consumer Advocates of the PJM States
- Michael Richard, Commissioner, Maryland Public Service Commission
State of the Capital Markets: COVID Impact in 2020 and 2021 Outlook | 1:00 pm ET
COVID has created volatility in cost of capital and access to capital – critical to the capital intensive renewable industry. How are 2020 projects faring? How are developers managing to finance the capital stack for development pipelines and projects in 2021? What are the policy drivers to support low cost renewable power post-election?
- Moderator: Susan Nickey, Managing Director, Hannon Armstrong
- Esben Pederson, CFO, Pattern Energy
- Martin Torres, Managing Director, Head of Americas, BlackRock
- Steve Ryder, Executive Vice President and the CFO, Clearway Energy Group
- Ray Wood, Managing Director, Global Head of Power and Renewables, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Closing Remarks by Tom Kiernan, CEO, AWEA | 1:55 pm ET